Friday, April 29, 2016

Jovago: to reach our goals in 2016, Setbacks in Tourism sector should not be looked into one perceptive

Afisa Habari wa Kampuni ya Jovago Tanzania, Liliani Kisasa akiwa katika Mazungumzo na Waandishi wa Hbari


Dar es salaam, Tanzania - 29 February, 2016. With the strategies to increase 2 Million number of Tourist arrivals in 2017; JovagoTanzania explains that the gap in Tanzania’s tourism sector should be one of the core factors for development in 2016/2017.

Addressing  journalists in Dar Es Salaam, Lilian Kisasa, Jovago’s Pr and Marketing Manager, exposed the statistics from Tanzania Tourism board which shows that, the number of tourist arrivals increased to 1,077,058 in 2012, 1,095,884 in 2013 and 1,140,156 (2014). This progress is a promising signs that Tanzania is close to reaching its goal of 2M arrivals in 2017.

We can increase the number of visitors by not looking at just one category; we really need to focus on the purpose of visits, how to improve infrastructure and what kind of hospitality we should provide”. She added

Nevertheless, the statistics from the Tanzania Tourism Board shows that almost 56% of international travelers use airport as a mode of transport, only 38% use roads, while 0.5% opt for railway and the remaining travel by Water. This shows there are still unequal improvements in terms of the transport systems in the country.

However, she added that in order to improve the direct contribution of the tourism sector in 2016, there is need to promote domestic tourism; which covers only 40%.  International tourists contribute to the remaining 60%.

In addition, the Country Manager of JovagoTanzania Mr Andrea Guzzoni noted that 2016 is a year of change and improvements. According to Andrea, there are trends in visitors’ preferences, with the bottom line being value for money.

Jovago has planned to promote the best secured and classic accommodation in Tanzania in 2016. The leading online booking company noted that Wireless services, swimming pools, airport pickup services, Ac, free breakfast and the best customer service are top of the determining factors in the hotel industry.

The statistics shows that 80% of visitors travel for leisure, recreation and holiday, while only 5% travel for business and professional purposes and the rest travel to visit relatives and in transit. There is therefore need to improve services that suits all of the travelers’ needs.


 Waandishi wa Habari wakimsikiliza kwa makini
 Waandishi wa Habari wakimsikiliza kwa makini

No comments:

Post a Comment

LATIFA KANYANGA ASHEREHEKEA MAHAFALI YAKE YA KIDATO CHA NNE GREEN ACRES SEKONDARI

Afisa elimu Wilaya Ubungo, akizungumza wakati wa Mahafali ya 18 ya shule ya Sekondari ya Green Acres yaliyofanyika Jijini Dar es Salaam. ...